Journey is a specially designed program that appeals to senior high students.
It meets Wednesday evenings from 6:45-8:00 during the school year.
Journey uses a mixture of devotional time, games, and hands on serve projects all which arranged with high schoolers in mind. Our dedicated leaders have a passion for Jesus and for teenagers. This passion shines through the activities that are planned.
Purpose: To provide fellowship, church involvement opportunities, bible studies, and social events for high school youth to expand, share, and strengthen their faith.
Term: 2 years (year 1 as the assistant & year 2 as the leader; committee members can serve indefinitely)
Meetings: Journey meets weekly; planning meetings are as needed
Team Leader attends Administrative Council
Duties (as governed by the Book of Discipline): NA
Duties (as established by UMCL Lay Leadership and Administrative Council):
- Team Leader: Plan the weekly Journey meetings.
- Team Leader: Maintain the ministry binder with meeting minutes and other activity information as necessary.
- Team Leader: Communicate with the congregation as necessary
- Operate within the means of the established budget.
- Organize and provide mission projects / opportunities for the church
- Utilize parents to support various opportunities as needed. Pastor is the sub in the absence of a leader.
- Opportunities may include:
- Bible studies (utilize Devozine, an annual subscription)
- social outings, games, food
- Church involvement: liturgist, ushers, nursery, etc. (servants of the church)
- Mission opportunities
Limitations & Collaborations: NA
Skills, Character, Spiritual Gifts